French Onion Dip
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 vidalia onions, diced finely
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 1½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Melt butter in a saucepan on medium/low heat. Add the diced onions and slowly cook them so they caramelize. Cook the onions, stirring often for about 30 minutes. Do not increase the heat to speed up the process because the onions would burn.
- Remove the onions from the heat and let them come to room temperature.
- Stir the onions with the remaining ingredients and place in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes.
- Serve with potato chips.