Cream Cheese Potato Soup
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into chunks
- Combine broth, potatoes, onion, and spices.
- Boil on medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- Smash a few of the potatoes to release their starch for thickening.
- Reduce to low heat.
- Add cream cheese.
- Heat, stirring frequently, until cheese melts.