Crock Pot Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
- 3 – 15 oz. cans of petit diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 C finely diced celery
- 1 C finely chopped carrots
- 1 C finely diced onions
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 C fresh basil, minced
- 4 C chicken broth
- 1/2 C flour
- 1 C freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 C butter
- 2 C half and half, warmed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Put tomatoes, celery, carrots, onions and chicken broth into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on Low for 5-7 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving make the roux.
- Melt butter over low heat in a skillet and add in flour.
- Stir constantly for about 5 minutes
- Slowly add in 1 cup of hot soup.
- Add in 3 more cups of soup and stir until smooth.
- Put all back into the crock pot.
- Stir and add Parmesan cheese, warmed half and half, salt and pepper
- Add in oregano and basil.
- Cover and let cook on low for another 30 minutes or until ready to serve.