Wisconsin Cauliflower Soup
- 2 T Butter
- 1 med Onion, chopped
- 1/4 C Flour
- 1/2 t Salt
- 2 C Milk
- 3 1/2 C Water
- 5 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 1 Head Fresh Cauliflower or 1 Bag Frozen Cauliflower
- 1 t Dijon Mustard
- 1 C Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 C Pepper Jack Cheese or Provolone or Mozzarella, shredded/ whatever you like
- Cheese and Bacon for toppings
- In a large pan saute onion in butter until soft and golden brown.
- Whisk in flour and salt.
- Gradually stir in milk, and water
- Add bouillon cubes and cauliflower
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes until cauliflower is tender
- In a blender, (with center, top part removed, so the steam can vent) blend cauliflower at low speed in small batches until very smooth. Blending is really easy and your kids won’t even know there is cauliflower in the soup unless you tell them. So Sneaky, they underestimate your sneakiness!
- Return cauliflower mixture to pot and heat on medium until hot
- Stir in mustard and cheese, mix until cheese is melted and smooth
- Ladle into bowls and top with cheese and bacon.