White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Pancakes
Fluffy vegan pancakes with all the flavor of a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Serves: 2; about 7 pancakes
- 1 c flour*
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 c light vanilla soy milk
- 1.5 Tbsp canola oil*
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp white chocolate chips (non-dairy for vegan)
- 3 Tbsp macadamia nuts, lightly chopped
- Preheat griddle or skillet to medium heat.
- Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl, then add dry ingredients to a sifter and sift into the wet (excluding white chocolate and macadamia nuts).
- Stir batter until just combined and no large lumps remain, then add white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and stir. Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Spoon ¼ c measurements onto a lightly greased griddle. Flip when bubbles appear on top or the edges look dry, then cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Serve with vegan butter and agave nectar or maple syrup, or a few more white chocolate chips.
* Use any combination of flour you want, though I would recommend whole wheat pastry or unbleached all purpose. * Sub any non-dairy milk you prefer.
Serving size: 3 pancakes Calories: 468 Fat: 22.8 g Saturated fat: 5.2 g Carbohydrates: 57 g Sugar: 18 g Fiber: 2.5 g Protein: 9.4 g