Smothered Green Chile Pepper Chicken Recipe
- 6 (3-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning (Taco Seasoning recipe I used)
- 2 small cans chopped chilies
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Arrange chicken in an 8-inch square baking dish; squeeze lime juice evenly over chicken. Sprinkle evenly with taco seasoning.
- Place chopped chilies over each chicken thigh, enough to cover chicken thigh.
- Cover dish with foil; bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over chilies and chicken;
- bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- I added chopped avocado, tomato and green onion to the top of my chicken thigh