Pasta Toss with Chicken and Roasted Tomatoes Recipe
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes, washed
- 1 package Angel-hair pasta (we had about 3/4 of a package and it made enough for 4 large servings)
- 2 large Portobello mushroom, sliced
- 1 head of **roasted garlic
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, I used a mixture of shredded and grated (from the can)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, sliced into thin ribbons
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
** Roasted Garlic – remove the papery outer skin of the garlic. Cut the top off exposing the cloves. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Loosely wrap in foil and roast in a 350 degree oven for one hour. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the mushrooms into strips and place on baking sheet.
- Wash the tomatoes and add to the pan with the mushrooms.
- Drizzle the mushrooms and tomatoes with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 25 minutes. Tomatoes will burst and the juices will begin to caramelize when done.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground chicken in a large skillet with a little olive oil.
- Once the chicken is cooked through add the roasted garlic by simply separating each clove from the head and squeezing the soft insides out. The roasted garlic will be soft and buttery.
- Mix the garlic and chicken together. The garlic will melt into the chicken and flavor it.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and mushrooms to the chicken and blend everything together. Be sure to break apart the tomatoes with a wooden spoon to evenly distribute them.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain thoroughly, reserving a cup of the cooking water.
- Add the hot pasta with the chicken, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Add the cheese and the reserved cooking water and toss together. Use tongs to get everything mixed well.
- Top with a little more cheese and the basil ribbons.
- Serve and enjoy!