Easy Pad Thai Recipe
- 8 ounces dried, wide and flat rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 squirt (about 1/8 teaspoon) Sriracha (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 scallions (green onions), white and green parts, separated and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large eggs, light beaten (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted, salted peanuts
- Soak noodles according to package instructions. Drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, and Sriracha.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add scallion whites and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add eggs and cook, scraping skillet with spatula until eggs are almost set (about 30 seconds). Transfer eggs to a plate.
- Add noodles, scallion greens, and sauce to skillet. Cook, tossing constantly, until noodles are soft (about 1 minute). Add egg mixture and toss to coat, breaking eggs up gently.
- Serve noodles with lime wedges, topped with cilantro and peanuts.