Camouflage Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 (18.25 ounce) Betty Crocker Supermoist vanilla cake mix (and ingredients called for on the package)
- 1 (18.25 ounce) Betty Crocker Supermoist chocolate cake mix (and ingredients called for on the package)
- 2 (16 ounce) containers Betty Crocker vanilla frosting
- 1 (16 ounce) container Betty Crocker chocolate frosting
- food green coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with paper liners. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions in two separate bowls.
- You need four medium sized bowls. In the first bowl: Pour 2 cups of white cake batter. In the second bowl: Pour one cup white cake batter and one cup chocolate cake batter and mix together. In the third bowl: Pour 2 cups white cake batter, green food coloring (I did 15 drops) and 2-3 tablespoons of chocolate frosting. Mix together and adjust for the desired camo green that you want. In the fourth bowl: Pour 2 cups of chocolate batter.
- Spoon a tablespoon of each color into each cupcake tin. Repeat the colors until liners are 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cupcakes are set and spring back to the touch. Cool cupcakes.
- For the frosting; Add one tablespoon of white frosting to the chocolate frosting container and mix well. For the green camouflage colored frosting add one tablespoon of chocolate frosting to a container of white frosting along with some green food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Spoon the green camouflage colored frosting into a gallon Ziploc bag. Spoon the chocolate frosting into a separate gallon Ziploc bag. Spoon the remaining container of vanilla frosting into a gallon Ziploc bag. Cut off the corner of all of the bags and place them side by side inside of a large pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.