Homemade Almond Joy And Mounds Bars Recipe
- 7 fluid ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 14 ounces sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, toasted
- 16 ounces milk chocolate or coating chocolate
- Line a 9-by-13-inch pan with foil and coat it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine condensed milk, vanilla extract, and salt in a bowl.
- Add confectioners’ sugar 1 cup at a time and stir with a wooden spoon until fully incorporated.
- Add coconut and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan and press it into an even layer. Then press the almonds into the mixture in even rows. Chill candy in refrigerator until firm, about 1 hour.
- Using a sharp chef’s knife, cut the candy into small rectangles.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Melt and temper the chocolate, or simply melt the coating chocolate.
- Dip the bars into the chocolate, covering completely, and place them on the prepared sheet.
- Refrigerate candy for 30 minutes or until the chocolate has set.