Asian Chicken Salad
- 6-8 Cups Red Cabbage, Shredded (1 head cabbage)
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, Cut Into Strips
- 3/4 Cup Carrots, Shredded
- 3/4 Cup Peanuts, Chopped
- 1 Bunch Cilantro, Chopped (roughly 1/2 cup)
- 1 lb. Chicken Breasts, Cooked and Cubed
- 1/4 Peanut, Olive, or Canola Oil
- 1 tsp. Sugar (or Agave Nectar or Honey)
- 3 tsp. Ginger
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar (could sub Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce (to add a bit of spice)
- In a large salad bowl, stir together all the vegetables (cabbage, bell peppers, and carrots), peanuts, and the chicken. Stir to combine well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss or stir well to coat.
- Garnish with chow mein noodles, toasted slivered almonds, chopped green onions, or mandarin oranges if you desire! To make it a vegetarian meal, just leave out the chicken.