- 2 cups Self-Rising Flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons water
*No self-rising flour? Substitute 2 cups All-Purpose Flour; add 1 tablespoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and increase the water to 1/2 cup.
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup grated or shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded smoked provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded Swiss cheese
- Pizza Seasoning or dried Italian herbs
*To add smoky flavor without using smoked provolone, add 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke flavoring.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly grease two 12″ round pizza pans, or a couple of baking sheets.
- To make the crust: Combine the flour, oil, and water, mixing until cohesive. Gather the dough into a ball, divide it in half, and shape each half into a flat disk, the rounder the better.
- If you have time, let the dough rest, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes; it’ll be easier to roll out once it’s rested.
- Grease a piece of parchment paper about 12″ square; or a piece of waxed paper, or plastic wrap. Place one of the dough pieces on the paper, and top with another piece of lightly greased parchment, waxed paper, or plastic wrap.
- Roll the dough very thin, 1/8″ thick or less. Place the pizzas on the prepared pans.
- Top each pizza with 1/3 cup of the sauce. Mix the cheeses together, and spread half over each pizza. Sprinkle lightly with Pizza Seasoning or dried Italian herbs.
- Bake the pizzas for 9 to 11 minutes, until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown, and the edges and bottom of the crust are golden brown.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven, transfer to a rack to cool very briefly, cut in squares, and serve hot.
Yield: two pizzas, about 4 servings total.