Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb Thinly Sliced Sirloin Steak (or you can use deli roast beef)
- 8 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 4 Large Green Bell Peppers
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion
- 1 pound White Mushrooms
- 3 Tbs. Butter
- 3 Tbs. Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
- Slice a thin piece off each pepper lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds.
- Slice onions and mushrooms. Saute over medium heat with butter, olive oil, and a little salt and pepper. Saute until onions and mushroom are nice and caramelized. About 25-30 minutes. Salt and pepper the steak and saute in a little olive oil until just not pink. About 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Add steak to the onion/mushroom mixture and stir to combine.
- Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are overflowing.
- Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.