Pork Carnitas with Cilantro Tomatillo Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Spice Islands® Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands® Chipotle Chile Powder
- 2 tomatillos, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 corn tortillas
- Cut pork into 1 inch cubes; season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet or Dutch oven. Add pork, onions, garlic powder, chili powder and chipotle chile powder; saute 3 to 5 minutes to brown the meat.
- Add enough water to barely cover pork. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Remove lid and continue to simmer an additional 45 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- Combine chopped tomatillos, tomatoes and cilantro in a small bowl.
- Place an equal amount of pork on each tortilla. Top with tomatillo salsa.