Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, diced (about 2 pounds)
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup hot sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 package (1kg) Tater Tots
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup diced celery
- Make the buffalo sauce by melting the butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Whisk in the hot sauce, garlic powder and salt. Let the sauce simmer for a few minutes and then remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Take ⅓ cup of buffalo sauce and set aside for later. Take remaining buffalo sauce, mix it with the cubed chicken and spread it in the bottom of a 13×9 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the crumbled blue cheese on top of the buffalo chicken mixture.
- Take the Tater tots out of the freezer. Lay them, lengthwise and in straight lines (rows), evenly on the buffalo chicken and blue cheese. One bag (1kg or 2 pounds) of Tater Tots should be more than enough to cover the casserole dish.
- Drizzle the reserved buffalo sauce on top of the Tater Tots and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in the 350F oven for 30-45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with diced celery before serving.
Slow Cooker Option: If you desire to use a crockpot instead of the oven, assemble the casserole in the slow cooker dish. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.