Quick and Easy Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 8 ounces sour cream
- garlic salt to taste
- 14 corn tortillas
- 1 (28 ounce) can green chile enchilada sauce
- 16 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Combine the cooked shredded chicken breastswith sour cream and garlic salt.set aside.
- Pour about 1/2 inch enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- Place 4-5 tortillas on top of the sauce in a single layer.
- Top with half of the chicken mixture.Sprinkle with one third of the cheese.
- Pour one third of the remaining enchilada sauce over the cheese.
- Repeat the layers (tortillas, chicken mixture, cheese and sauce).
- Coat remaining tortillas thoroughly with enchilada sauce and arrange on top of the layers.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and top with any remaining enchilada sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil the last 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.Enjoy!