Pan Seared Shrimp with Polenta Recipe
- Smart Balance Butter Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 5 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance Light Buttery Spread
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- ½ cup pre-cooked polenta
- ¼ fat free milk
- ¼ teaspoon Julio’s Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon green onion for garnishing plate
- Season shrimp all over with Julio’s Seasoning, then, set aside to let marinate for 10 minutes.
- If you cannot find Julio’s seasoning, use a seasoning of your choice. I use Julio’s because it gives the shrimp such a awesome flavor. Julio’s ingredients consist of salt, black pepper, garlic, paprika, comino and beware it also contains Monosodium Glutamate. You can order it online.
- In a medium sized non-stick skillet, over medium high heat, spray pan with cooking spray. When pan is hot, add shrimp and butter. Sear until shrimp is opaque in center, and lightly browned on each side, about 2 minutes. Do not overcook. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- To same skillet that shrimp was seared in, add green onion, polenta and milk. Continue to cook over medium heat, using a ladle to break up the polenta and keep stirring until smooth. Reduce to a low, and simmer for 2 minutes, set aside. If polenta becomes too thick, slowly add additional fat free milk, for a creamy consistency.
- Plate by scooping the polenta on to the plate, top with shrimp, then garnish with any left over green onion. Enjoy!