Pumpkin pie oatmeal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 4½ tablespoons pumpkin purée
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Smidgen ground cloves
- A pinch of salt
- 1½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Optional: Milk & pepitas, for serving
- Combine everything except the milk and pepitas in a small pot over medium heat.
- When it begins to boil, reduce heat to low and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes, until the oats are cooked through and the water evaporates.
- Remove from heat, divide between two bowls, and top with about a teaspoon of milk and a teaspoon of pepitas. Serve warm.
Recipe from: www.snixykitchen.com