Pulled Barbecued Chicken Panini
- 4 cups shredded or cubed cooked chicken (such as rotisserie chicken or leftover roasted or grilled chicken)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 12 slices sourdough bread (about 1 inch thick)
- 12 1oz slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Coat a panini press with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high. Combine the chicken and barbecue sauce in a large bowl and toss to coat the chicken.
- Arrange 6 of the bread slices on a work surface. Top each slice with 1 slice of the Swiss cheese, red onion, chicken mixture, and the second slice of Swiss cheese. Top with the second slice of bread.
- Place the sandwiches in the panini press and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the bread is golden brown and the cheese melts.