Hot 7 Layer Bean Dip Recipe
1 29 oz can of whole pinto beans, drained, rinsed
1/2 small onion, chopped
1/2 small bell pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon creole seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 chipotle pepper
11X9 casserole dish
cooking spray to coat dish
For the 2nd Layer
8 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese
For the 3rd Layer
1 jar of pickled, sliced jalapenos
For the 4th Layer
8 oz grated jack cheese
For the 5th-6th Layer
1/2 lb fresh andouille sausage, casing removed
1/2 pack of thick cut bacon, diced
For the 7th Layer
4 oz. enchilado cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To prepare the first layer, place everything in a blender, blend well and set aside.
- To prepare ingredients for 5th and 6th layer. In a skillet over medium heat add about 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, add bacon and fry until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan and drain.
- Add andouille sausage to bacon grease chop up and cook until brown and crispy about 15 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Add beans to bacon/sausage grease and cook about 5 minutes.
- Assembly dip in the above order. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes and broil for 3-4 minutes. Enjoy
- Garnish with green onions, sour cream and guacamole before serving. Serve with Tortilla Chips.