Fried Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 8 oz onion and chive flavored cream cheese
- 1/4 ts. garlic powder
- 1/4 ts. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 ts. salt
- 1/4 ts. pepper
- 1 ts. Tabasco sauce, optional
- 20 large button mushrooms
- 1, 8oz package Panko bread crumbs
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 cup flour
- Start with clean mushrooms.
- Separate the stem from the mushroom cap by gently wiggling the stem back and forth. It should pop out. Do this for all the mushrooms, then set aside.
- Mix the cream cheese, garlic powder, cayenne, Tabasco, salt, and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Take a heaping teaspoon full of the cream cheese filling and stuff it inside the cap. Continue stuffing all the mushrooms.
- Take 3 bowls. Fill the first bowl with the flour, fill the second bowl with the beaten egg and the third bowl with the Panko bread crumbs.
- Dredge the mushroom cap in flour and shake off the excess.
- Next, dip the mushroom in the beaten egg, making sure the entire mushroom is coated.
- Last, coat it with the bread crumbs. (Note, if you like a thick, crunchy coating like I do, then re-dip the mushrooms back into the egg and then the bread crumbs for a second time).
- Finish coating all the mushrooms and then let it sit for 10 minutes to set the coating. After 10 minutes, put the mushrooms in the freezer for 30 minutes. I like to think this helps set the cream cheese so it doesn’t ooze out in the hot oil.
- Heat your oil on medium heat.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Best when served hot with lemons.