Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 10-15 Fresh Mushrooms (I used White Button Mushrooms; you could use 2 Portabellas instead)
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Cup Diced or Shredded Crab Meat (or Imitation Crab Meat)
- 3 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Egg, Beaten (or Egg White for the healthier route)
- 2 tsp. Oregano
- 2 tsp. Basil
- 1/2 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 3/4 Cup Monterrey-Jack Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Dry White Wine
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Remove stems from mushrooms (you should just be able to pull them out easily). Dice stems into small pieces.
- In a skillet, over medium-high heat, cook butter and mushroom stem pieces for about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in the rest of the ingredients, minus the wine (i.e. crab meat, lemon juice, egg, oregano, basil, bread crumbs, and cheese). Stir well to combine.
- Pour wine at the bottom of the baking dish. Place mushroom caps, cavity-side up, in the baking dish. Spoon the crab/breadcrumb/cheese mixture into each mushroom cap (see note below for the leftover mixture).
- Place mushrooms in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.