Baked Cheesy Spinach Pasta Recipe
- 1/2 pack (1/2lb) spaghetti (or any kind of pasta)
- 3/4 lb of fresh spinach
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tbsp chopped jalapenos
- 1 1/2 tbs butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cheese
– Start by rinsing your spinach, toss it in a big pot along with 3/4 cup of water and some chopped jalapenos.
– Cover the pot and let the spinach cook down for about 5-7 minutes, until it’s wilted. Once it’s wilted allow it to cool enough to put in a blender and make a puree.
– While the spinach is cooling get a pot of water going to boil the pasta. Cook it according to directions on the box, until it’s just a touch undercooked (as we’re going to bake it later).
– Puree the spinach in a blender until smooth.
– Finely dice the onion and mince the garlic. Sautee them in a touch of olive oil for a few minutes until, they turn soft and translucent.
– Then pour in the spinach puree to the onion and garlic, season it with salt and stir, cooking it on high to allow the mixture to dry out a little.
– While the spinach mix is cooking, get another pan on the stove on medium-high. Add the butter and let it melt.
– As soon as the butter melts add the flour and whisk it into the butter making sure it’s smooth. Allow it to cook a little until it turns a very light, golden.
– Then slowly pour in the milk, while whisking to make sure there are no lumps and bring the mixture to a gentle boil.
– Season with salt, pepper and add the parmesan cheese and switch off the heat as soon as the sauce thickens to the consistency you’d like.
– Pour in the spinach mix into the white sauce and mix together well.
– Add the boiled pasta to the sauce and mix it all together, coating all the pasta with the sauce.
– Spoon the pasta into a greased/sprayed baking dish and top with cheese.
– Bake the pasta at 375F for about 15-20 minutes until the cheese is all bubbly and golden.
– Cut and serve….
Photo from: http://www.recipebyphoto.com/cheesy-spinach-pasta-bake/
Recipe from: http://picturetherecipe.com/index.php/recipes/baked-cheesy-spinach-pasta/