Cheesy Bacon Potato Bites Recipe
- 2 lbs. potatoes, I used 3 large potatoes
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked, drained & chopped (reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease).
- 2 cups medium cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 green onions, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush cookie sheet very lightly with reserved bacon grease. OR you could spray it with cooking spray to save a few calories.
- Wash & slice potatoes, somewhere between 1/4 and 1/8 inch thick. I like them best on the thick side.
- Place potato slices in a large pot, cover with water & cook until water boils. Boil for about 5 minutes or less, depending on the thickness of your potatoes. You DON’T want them cooked through, and you definitely still want them firm or they will fall apart.
- Carefully drain potatoes and arrange on prepared cookie sheet, shingle style, slightly overlapping. Lightly brush potatoes with reserved bacon grease. Or if you are anti-bacon grease, brush with vegetable oil or olive oil.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese, salt and pepper to taste and chopped bacon.
- Bake for 15 minutes until potatoes are cooked through. I placed it under the broiler for 2 minutes after baking for a little extra crunch.
- Top with chopped green onions.