Chicken Kiev and Kale Pockets Recipe
- 1 bunch kale, washed and stems removed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 cans Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper and set aside.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add kale and cook, stirring often, until wilted and soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant and lightly toasted, about 2 more minutes.
- Transfer kale and garlic to a bowl; toss with lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, dill, parsley and chives until well combined. Set aside.
- Unroll one can of crescent rolls on each prepared baking sheet. Divide into 4 pieces; press each into a 6-by-4-inch rectangle, pressing seams together.
- Spread butter on crescents, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges. Top with shredded cheese, then with a few tablespoons of chicken and kale.
- Fold over crescents into a square, pressing ends with fork tines to seal. Poke tops a couple times so they’ll release steam in the oven.
- Bake crescents until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven; cool slightly before serving.