- 2 medium eggplants
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound ground pork
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the eggplants lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out most of the inside of the eggplants leaving about ½ inch thick bowl/shell. Cut up the scooped out eggplant flesh into small ½ cubes.
- Brown the ground beef and pork in a large frypan on medium high heat. Once the meat is fully cooked and no longer pink, drain the grease.
- Add the onion, pepper and cut up eggplant. Cook until the onions and peppers are tender. Remove from heat and let the filling come to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix the meat filling with the bread crumbs, milk, parmesan cheese, parsley, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Place the eggplant halves on a baking sheet and scoop ¼ of the filling in each eggplant half.
- Bake in a 375 oven for 75-90 minutes or until the eggplant shells are soft and tender.