- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek-style yogurt
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sliced pickled jalapeño peppers, finely diced; to taste, optional
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canned french-fried onions
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Lightly grease each muffin cup of a mini-muffin pan; or use free-standing mini-muffin foil cups.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until they’re thoroughly combined.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups, filling them nearly full; a tablespoon cookie scoop, filled to just short of level, works well here.
- Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they’re golden brown.
- Remove the muffins from the oven, and let them cool for 5 minutes to firm before removing them from the pan. Serve hot or warm.
Yield: 24 mini muffins, more or less; depending on the size of the muffin cups.