Easy Cinnamon Rolls
Easy Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2½ tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup butter
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- For the rolls, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl. Add sugar and 1 cup of the flour. Stir gently, cover and set aside to rise until double in size, about 30-45 minutes.
- Add butter, salt, eggs, and remaining flour, mix well.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead about 5 minutes. Dough will be slightly sticky.
- Place in a greased bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place (I put mine in the microwave) about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- IF YOU HAVE A BREAD MACHINE: Skip the above steps and put ingredients in according to the machine’s directions. Put on the ‘dough’ setting.
- Punch dough down and roll out on a lightly floured surface, until it is approx 21 inches long by 16 inches wide. It should be approx ¼ thick.
- To make filling, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and flour in a bowl.
- Spread the softened butter over the surface of the dough, then sprinkle the brown sugar mixture evenly over the surface.
- Working carefully, from the long edge, roll the dough into a cylinder.
- Place seam-side down on a flat surface. Cut the dough into 1¾ inch slices, and place in a lightly greased baking pan (I usually don’t measure the slices, I just cut it into 12 even pieces). You want the rolls to be barely touching, not too crowded. If you’re pan isn’t big enough, just put some in another pan.
- Let rise until almost double in size, about 30 minutes (If not baking immediately, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Allow to return to room temperature before baking).
- Bake at 375 F for 20-25 minutes or until just golden.
- While the rolls are baking combine the icing ingredients. Beat well with an electric mixer until fluffy. I suggest you make the icing fresh so it’s smooth and fluffy. I made it the night before and stored it in the fridge and I ended up having to add milk and mix again for it to soften up.
- When the rolls are done and cooled slightly, spread generously with icing.
Listen to me! I-m fucking hungry and this takes a long time! What were you thinking when you wrote this.
Please do something about, people have thing to do, they cant stay all day long preparing this shit.
Furthermore, there is a problem in point 1. I thought I had to add 1 full cup of sugar, so now Im going to get fat with this shit.
By the way, your photos looks very nice, I hope you enjoyed them a lot as Im going to do.
I hate you, you made my live worse than it is.
Bye- May 10, 2015
Lol…I love the sarcasm! Making these tonight and finishing in the morning…”hate it too…ruining my “healthy” life!- July 9, 2015
Get a life and learn to cook. Or go pay $6 bucks for one at Cinnabon.- July 13, 2015
make a day, when you are at home and don’t have a lot to do, then make up a double or triple amount follow all steps up to the cooking step but freeze instead of cooking, then when you are hungry simply remove the amount you want and cook, quick simple and ready whenever you want 🙂- January 22, 2016
I have no problem with this recipe. I just can’t wait to try it. You jerk that was uncalled for.- May 19, 2015
Ha! This was already a recipe I wanted to try, but after Mauro’s comment I am definitely making these cinnamon rolls this weekend! Hilarious!- June 11, 2015
They look lovely and well worth the time! 😉
I’ve been looking for this perfect cinnamon roll recipe for a long time, we use to have a restaurant near where I live, that made mouth watering, piping hot, fresh out of the oven cinnamon rolls, you could order a batch the night before and, well everyone would comment, looks like a winner!!! Thank you for posting this wonderful recipe, love it!!- June 27, 2015
these are perfect. I cannot wait to try them!! Thank you!!- July 15, 2015
If you are in a rush, don’t make the roll dough, just buy that frozen Rhodes bread dough and thaw it out and roll it flat, then follow the rest of the recipe.- July 19, 2015
These are AMAZING!!! BEST Cinnamon Rolls EVER! Made these with my daughter this morning. They taste like I just picked them up fresh from the bakery. Definitely keeping this recipe! Recipe made a dozen and a half. Had to give some away and they are pretty big rolls too!- July 19, 2015
I made this cinnamon rolls for dinner and my in-laws enjoyed them with a cup of coffee and my sister in-law said that they taste just divine, it was easy to do, I was so happy to manage this recipe. Thanks- July 19, 2015
My family absolutely loves these! I made a batch last week for dessert, and my husband took one the next day for breakfast and let his co workers try I got rave reviews so now I am making 2 more batches one for our house and one for his work BRAVO!- July 20, 2015
What size pan do you recommend? I could prepare a few different ones and see what works out after I cut them..Thanks- August 7, 2015
Thank you Ladies!!- September 6, 2015
I’m so glad to see reviews where people have actually made the recipe to give an honest review.
I’m making these tomorrow!!
I have made these several times and they are crowd pleasers! Between my family and my friends, and co-workers, these are keepers.- October 31, 2015
Wow these are a lot of work! I have 2 pans rising right now for Thanksgiving brunch. I hope they are worth it and appreciated.- November 26, 2015
So I tried to make these last month. I apparently didn’t follow the directions well because they turned out terribly. But I just re-made them tonight and was careful to double check the recipe first and they came out beautifully. Thank you for posting this recipe.- December 24, 2015
I am excited about making these, it sounds like fun and they look really good. Yeast recipes usually take a while to make so maybe the lady with the vulgar language should check the recipes out first and make sure that it is something she has time for. That was not called for at all.- January 25, 2016
It was very nice of you to put this recipe out here for us. Thank you!
Amazing! I live in Japan and the cinnamon rolls from here are so dried. I did this recipe last week and felt in love! Thank you very much! I posted the pics on instagram and now my friends wants to buy from me hahaha ^^- February 4, 2016
It’s my first time trying cinnabons at home I tried this receipe today i have done everything as it told but my rolls are terrible, they are still bit doughy after i have taken out from oven!!!!!could u please give me any tip coz i would lyk to try it again- February 5, 2016
After the first step, it’s still very watery. Am I doing this wrong? Am I only supposed to add 1 cup of flour? It’s soupy, not doughy.- July 2, 2016
I have made cinnamon rolls before, and they always came out dry. Am I baking them too long, or too hot. I’m an experienced baker, but this one has me stumped.- October 17, 2016
This is by far my slaaaam dunk, they ain’t ready ,Go to . It’s easy if u set timers and multitask . Just added Nutella to this last batch for the win. I do recommend adding more butter to the filling , makes it moister and removes dryness. This might help Lyn. Also, maybe watch how much flour ur using when kneading and rolling . Cheers- December 15, 2016
After the first step of dissolving the yeast in the warm milk, I then add the sugar and flour. Should this be stirred until smooth or just until combined? Mine is lumpy…- January 1, 2017
You could try to combine the sugar and flour before adding to the yeast mixture. But she does say to gently mix the mixture. Good luck!!- September 27, 2017
I was looking for a recipe for cinnamon rolls and came across these thought I’d give it a go. I don’t mind the wait whole they ride i enjoy baking. They smelled so good in the oven and I couldn’t wait to taste one. 10/10 my family loved them will be making them again- April 7, 2018
Making this now so easy my hubby loves deserts so will the neighbors always hot to share- July 14, 2018