- 40 saltine crackers – salted tops ( about 1 sleeve)
- 1 cup butter
- ¾- 1 cup brown sugar
- 12 oz (or 2 cups) chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven for 400F.
- Line a 15×10 jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Lay the saltine crackers evenly on the pan.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and let it boil for 3 minutes. Do not stir it during this time.
- Pour the caramel evenly across the saltine crackers.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips across the toffee. Let them melt for a few minutes. Using a spatula, spread the melted chocolate evenly across the toffee.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans on the melted chocolate.
- Let the toffee and chocolate cool completely. Break the toffee into 2 inch bite size squares.
- To store, keep in an airtight container for 1 or 2 weeks or in the freezer for a couple months.