Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Stuffed Banana Bites Recipe
- creamy peanut butter
- chocolate chips
- chopped nuts or sprinkles
- Find bananas with little to no curve for best results.
- Peel and slice off the ends of each banana. Cut the banana into about two 3″ long pieces.
- The amount of banana pieces you will get from each banana will vary, depending on the size of your banana and how long your banana pieces you cut are. You should get about 2-3 banana bites per banana.
- Stand your banana bites up on their flat, cut side. Hollow out the center using a straw or apple corer.
- Be sure not to go all the way down, leaving about a half inch banana, unhallowed, at the bottom.
- Melt your chocolate according to the package, in a small, deep bowl. Dip the bottom half of your banana bites into the melted chocolate and roll in chopped nuts or sprinkles. Place on wax paper to dry. Refrigerate until chocolate has set and dry.
- Once dry, remove the bananas from your refrigerator. Transfer the peanut butter to a pastry bag or a zip lock bag with the corner snipped off, and pipe it into your hollowed out bananas.
- Continue piping a swirl at the top for presentation if desired. You can also just spoon the peanut butter into the hole for a more simple alternative.