Chicken Enchilada Pizza Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 large unbaked pizza crust, homemade or storebought
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce, homemade or storebought
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (I used rotisserie)
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- handful of fresh cilantro, stems removed
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onions and poblano, and saute for 5 minutes or until onions are cooked and translucent. Add diced green chiles and cook for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
In a bowl, toss the shredded chicken with a few spoonfuls of the enchilada sauce.
Prepare the pizza by spreading about 1 cup of enchilada sauce evenly on the crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Layer the onion/poblano/chile mixture evenly on top of the sauce, then add the sauced chicken, then sprinkle the top with cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or according to the crust’s package instructions, or until the cheese is melted and the crust begins to turn golden brown. Remove and sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Slice and serve immediately.