White Bean and Chicken Chili
- 3 (15 oz.) cans white beans, rinsed and drained (any white bean will work just fine)
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large chicken breasts (2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (4 oz.) cans roasted green chilies, drained
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
Garish: sour cream, green onions, shredded cheese
- Cube the chicken. In a large saucepan, brown over medium high heat in a little olive oil.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and in the same pan, saute the onion until just softened.
- Add the garlic until fragrant (about 60 seconds). Add 1 cup of the broth and use it to scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Puree one can of the rinsed beans with a little bit of broth and add to the pot. Then add the other two cans of beans, the broth, the cooked chicken, corn, all the spices and chilies.
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat down and simmer 1 hour.
- Serve topped with sour cream, cheese and sliced green onions.