Spicy Pulled Chicken Sliders with Bacon-Queso Guacamole Recipe
FOR THE SLIDERS:
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 whole Medium Yellow Onion, Minced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 whole Chipotle Pepper Canned In Adobo, Finely Chopped (only Use 1 Pepper If You’re Not Into Spicy)
- ½ cups Ketchup
- 1 whole Lime, Juiced
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 18 ounces, fluid Beer Of Your Choice (Do Not Use An IPA, As It Gets Very Bitter When Reduced)
- 4 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 36 whole Slider Buns (I Love Martin’s Party Potato Rolls)
FOR THE BACON-QUESO GUACAMOLE
- 3 whole Avocados
- 1-½ whole Limes, Juiced
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- ¼ cups Red Onion, Minced
- 4 slices Cooked Thick-cut Bacon, Crumbled
- ½ cups Crumbled Queso Fresco
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
- For the sliders: Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven (or whatever large saucepan you have with a lid) over medium heat. When hot, add the minced onions and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes until the onions become translucent. Add the chipotles, ketchup, lime juice, honey and beer. Bring the mixture to a boil and then add the chicken breasts. Lower the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Then remove the chicken breasts from the cooking liquid, place them on a cutting board and allow them to cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, shred the chicken using two forks (or your hands, whatever).
- Bring the cooking liquid to a boil and cook until it has reduced by about half and thickened slightly. This should take about 15 minutes. While your sauce is reducing, make your guacamole.
- For the Bacon-Queso Guacamole: Slice your avocados in half and remove the pits. Score the flesh of each avocado half with a knife and spoon the flesh out of its skin into a mixing bowl. Squeeze lime juice over the avocado and mash it with a fork. Mix in the minced garlic, red onion, crumbled bacon, queso fresco and cilantro. Boom. Cover tightly with plastic wrap until ready to use. If you leave your guac hanging around uncovered, it will oxidize and turn brown. Party foul.
- When your sauce has reduced, mix in the shredded chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Spoon your spicy pulled chicken onto slider rolls and top with bacon-queso guacamole and serve immediately. Game day just got a whole lot fancier, people.