- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 pound(s) Spaghetti
- 1 1/4 pound(s) Bacon, chopped
- 1 medium Red Onion, diced
- 1 can(s) (28-ounce) Whole Peeled Tomatoes, puréed and strained
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 1/2 ounce(s) Pecorino Romano, grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook bacon until tender, about 5 minutes. Add red onion and cook until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until sauce is slightly reduced, about 8 minutes.
- Strain spaghetti, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Add spaghetti and pasta water to sauce, and toss. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with pecorino romano.
Recipe from: Country Living