Southern Apple Crumble
- 3 large apples, peeled, coarsely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® oatmeal cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 300°F. Spray bottom and sides of 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, toss filling ingredients. Spread mixture in baking dish.
- In same large bowl, stir cookie mix and melted butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 40 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with pecans. Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serve with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Use fresh peaches for the apples for a juicy peach crumble.