- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup oil
- 6 jumbo marshmallows cut in half, plus more for decorating
Graham Cracker Crumb topping
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda together with a wire whisk.
- Separate the mixture in half into two bowls.
- Stir cocoa into one bowl and the graham cracker crumbs into the other.
- Add 1/2 cup milk, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 cup oil to the cocoa mixture and beat on medium until combined.
- Repeat adding the same ingredients to the graham cracker crumb flour mixture.
- Prepare the graham cracker crumb topping.
- Add the brown sugar and crumbs in a small bowl and pour on the melted butter. Stir until combined.
- Pour a little graham cracker cake batter into the bottom of your baking cups and then sprinkle the topping mixture lightly on the surface.
- Place a marshmallow half on top and then cover the marshmallow with the chocolate cake batter until it is about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with more topping mixture.
- Bake cupcakes for about 15 minutes. Place a cookie sheet underneath when you bake just in case. I had a little bit ooze over into the oven. Oops.
- This recipe will make at least 12 cupcakes. I had a some batter from each left over so you can probably get more like 14-16.
- Let cool and top with ganache.
- Heat the butter and cream on the stove. Heat until just before it boils. Remove and pour over chocolate. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour over cupcakes and add more marshmallows if you desire.