Slimmed Down Loaded Potato and Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- 24 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 30 oz. potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (I leave the skin on)
- 2 TBS. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 TBS. freshly ground pepper
- 1 TBS. paprika
- 2 TBS. garlic powder
- 6 TBS. hot sauce
- 8 oz. Weight Watchers Reduced-fat shredded Mexican-style cheese
- 6 oz. turkey bacon, diced and pan fried until crispy
- 1 c diced green onion
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- In a large bowl mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder & hot sauce. Add the cubed potatoes and stir to coat.
- Carefully scoop the potatoes into a cooking spray coated 9 x 13 inch baking dish, leaving behind as much of the olive oil/hot sauce mix as possible.
- Bake the potatoes for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes, until cooked through and crispy & browned on the outside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, add the cubed chicken to the bowl with the leftover olive oil/hot sauce mix and stir to coat.
- Once the potatoes are fully cooked, remove from the oven and lower the oven temperature to 400F. Top the cooked potatoes with the raw marinated chicken.
- In a bowl mix together the cheese, cooked turkey bacon & green onion and top the raw chicken with the cheese mix.
- Return the casserole to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the topping is bubbly delicious.
- Serve with extra hot sauce and/or ranch dressing.