Skor Tipped Shortbread Fingers
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 oz semi sweet baker’s chocolate
- 1 cup Skor bits
- Cream the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the flour and salt until you have a smooth cookie dough.
- Divide the dough in 8.
- Roll one portion of the dough into a 12 inch log. Cut six 2 inch finger cookies. Place the cookies, 2 inches apart, on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Make finger cookies with the remaining portions of dough.
- Bake the cookies in a 325F oven for 15 minutes or until the cookies are just starting to brown on the bottom edges.
- Remove them from the oven and let rest for one minute. Place the cookies on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave on half power. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the Skor bits in a small bowl and set next to the bowl of melted chocolate.
- Dip each cookie half way into the melted chocolate. Lift the cookie out and let any excess chocolate drip off. Dip the cookie into the Skor bits.
- Lay the cookie on wax paper. Move quickly or the Skor bits and chocolate may drip. Do this for all the cookies.
- Once the chocolate has hardened on the cookies, they can be stored. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.