Peanut Butter Chip Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup extra-crunchy, super chunk peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed, well-drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mini-semi-sweet chocolate chips plus more for sprinkling on top
- Salted, dry-roasted peanuts for topping
In the bowl of a stand mixer or another large bowl, add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips. Beat until well blended. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Spread mixture in a greased 10 x 15 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool the cake and frost. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and peanuts.
Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup regular peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 Tablespoons boiling water
Combine all frosting ingredients. Beat until well blended and easy to spread.