Pasta Primavera Recipe
- Pasta, 1 pound of rotini or farfalle or something similar
- Olive Oil
- Garlic, 3 or 4 cloves
- Yellow Squash, 2 or 3
- Red Pepper, 1/2
- Grape Tomatoes, a couple handfuls
- Broccoli, 1/2 a head
- Green Onions, one bunch
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- White Wine, about a cup
- Chicken Stock or Bouillon, 5 or 6 cups
- Cream, 1/4 cup
- Mince the garlic. In a large saute pan, heat a little olive oil over medium to medium-low heat and add the garlic. Don’t let the garlic brown.
- Add the dry pasta and stir until it’s nicely coated with olive oil.
- Pour in the wine and cook over medium-low heat until the wine is mostly absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Add a little stock at a time, cooking and stirring a bit, until it’s nearly absorbed. Add a little more stock and repeat until the pasta is nearly tender and the stock is all absorbed.
- Meanwhile, rinse the tomatoes, slice the squash, cut the broccoli into florets, coarsely chop the red pepper and slice the green onions.
- When the pasta is just about done, add the vegetables and a dash or two of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Continue cooking until the vegetables are tender. Fresh basil leaves would be a nice addition at this point but I forget them.
- Stir in just a bit of cream.
- Top with freshly-grated Parmesan and enjoy!