Nutella Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar Muffins Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 teaspoons Nutella
FOR THE CINNAMON SUGAR TOPPING
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together milk, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Scoop a spoonful of batter evenly into the muffin tray. Drop 1 teaspoon Nutella into the center of each cup. Top with remaining batter to completely cover the filling.
- Place into oven and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To make the cinnamon sugar, combine the cinnamon and sugar.
- When the muffins are done, cool for 10 minutes and dip the muffin crown into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Let cool on a wire rack.