Milky Way Brownie Bites
For the Brownies
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate; coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 48 miniature Milky Ways; frozen for at least 1 hour
For the Caramel Sauce
- 15 individually wrapped caramel candies (I used Kraft)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray the wells of a nonstick miniature muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray such as Pam.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl at medium (50% power) for 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted.
3. Stir until chocolate is melted. Whisk in sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt. Gradually add in flour; stir until just combined.
4. Using a small cookie scoop (about 2 teaspoons), scoop the brownie batter into the prepared miniature muffin tin wells. Place a miniature Milky Way into the center of each well and press it lightly into the batter. Do not worry about covering the Milky Way with batter. Bake brownies in preheated oven for 9-10 minutes, the edges will look set. Do not over bake.
5. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely. Carefully remove the brownie bites from the pan (see note below) and prepare the caramel sauce.
6. To make the caramel sauce, place the caramels and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 50% power in 30-second increments until the caramels begin to melt; stir frequently. Continue warming and stirring the caramels until you have a smooth, creamy mixture. Drizzle caramel onto the center of each brownie brownie bite.
Re: Carefully remove the brownie bites from the pan (see note below)
I do not see any note about removing the brownie bites from the pan.- April 21, 2019