Grilled Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- 12 ounces, weight Prepared Pizza Dough
- Olive Oil, For Drizzling On Pizza Dough
- 3 whole Eggs
- 3 strips Cooked Bacon, Cut Up In Pieces
- 1 cup Grated Mozzarella
- ¼ cups Grated Parmesan
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 1 pinch Freshly Cracked Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Flat-leaf Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Chives
- 1 whole Scallion, Trimmed And Thinly Sliced
- Generously dust the surface of your kitchen counter with flour and roll pizza dough to a 1/4-inch thickness. Drizzle both sides of dough with olive oil and set aside on a plate. Gather all the toppings and dough and move outside next to the grill.
- Once your grill is nice and hot, place the pizza dough on the hottest part of the grill, making sure to check it every 30 seconds or so to ensure proper cooking. Once grill marks appear, flip it and move the dough to a place on the grill that does not have direct heat. Crack the three eggs onto the dough and cover for 2-3 minutes. Once the eggs are just about set, sprinkle the cheeses, bacon and salt and pepper. Cover for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Move promptly to a plate and sprinkle with parsley, chives and scallions.
Note: If you’re not in the mood to spark up the grill, then here’s the way to cook it in the oven. My advice is to get yourself a “pizza stone” from Lowes or Home Depot. Simply pre-heat your oven to 450F, roll out the dough, crack the eggs on top, sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheese, then add the pieces of bacon and salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 8 to 12 minutes, checking on it after 5 minutes and rotating it if necessary. When the crust is golden, the cheese is melted and the eggs yolks are cooked to medium, remove from the oven.