Green Curry Paste (Nam Phrik kaeng kaow)
- 15 Chilies fresh green chilies for green curry paste
- 10 Chilies red dried big chilies for red curry paste
- 3 Tbsp chopped shallots
- 4 Tbsp minced garlic
- 50 g chopped galangal (Thai ginger)
- 1 Tbsp chopped lemon grass
- 1 Tbsp garlic chives (Thai gingseng)
- 1 Tsp shrimp paste
- 1 Tsp chopped kaffir lime peel (we used regular lime)
- 1 Tbsp fresh or dried coriander root (forgot this item)
- 1 Tsp tumeric
Put all ingredients put it all in a blender or food processor and blend well.
Green curry with chicken
(Kaeng key-au waan )
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp green curry paste (honestly, we put in about 1/2 cup, just add it in small amounts, taste, then add more if desired)
- mixture of eggplant, carrots and baby corn
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 -2Tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 leaves kaffir lime leaves
- Sweet basil leaves
1. Add cooking oil in the wok, on low heat adds green curry paste, bring it to simmer and stir continuously for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add some coconut milk to stop burning.
3. Add chicken, stir vigorously until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Add coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar on high heat.
5. Add eggplant, carrots and baby corn, kaffir lime leaves.
6. Decorate with basil leaves.