- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 3 tablespoons butter
- powdered sugar
- Mix together the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt& cinnamon.
- Heat a large skillet, or griddle.
- When the skillet is hot, add 1 tablespoon butter.
- If the butter smokes, your pan is too hot; turn down the heat.
- Dip each slice of bread into the batter for 30 seconds on each side.
- Let some of the batter drip off, then put in skillet.
- Cook each slice 1 1/2-2 minutes per side until each side is golden brown.
- Add more butter, if necessary, to cook all of the slices.
- To serve, put on plate, dust with powdered sugar. Serve with butter & hot syrup.