For the White Chocolate and Rose Ganache
1 cup heavy cream
16 oz. white chocolate, chopped (4 bars)
1 drop red food coloring
2 tsp. rose water
Pinch of salt
For the Easy Truffle Recipe
Whipped White Chocolate and Roses Ganache
12 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
36 plastic spoons
dried edible rose petals (optional)
- Place the chopped white chocolate in a bowl. Scald the cream. Once it is very hot pour it over the white chocolate and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Add the food coloring, rose water and salt. Mix well, then place in the fridge to cool.
- Once cool, scoop the ganache into an electric mixing bowl and whip until light and fluffy. (The ganache will have a strong rose flavor. Don’t worry–the dark chocoalte will mellow it out.)
- Place the ganache in a piping bag with a large tip. (You could use a plastic bag with the corner cut off.) Pipe the ganache smoothly onto the spoons. Freeze.
- Once the ganache filled spoons are frozen, Place 8 oz. of the dark chocolate in a double-boiler over medium-low heat. Stir as it melts. Once completely melted, remove from heat and add the remaining chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Dip the spoons into the dark chocolate. Wave the spoon a little to remove extra chocolate, then lay on wax paper to dry. DON’T TAP! You don’t want to create thin spots in the chocolate.
- Gently place dried rose petals on each spoon before the chocolate dries, don’t press down.
Preparation time: 40 minute(s) active time
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)