- 8 candy canes, crushed
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- ½ cup white chocolate chips or candy melts
- 2 tbsp vegetable shortening
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the salt and flour until it is well combined and has an even consistency.
- Mix in the crushed candy canes.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface to a ¼ – ½ inch thickness. Cut cookies with 2 inch round cookie cutters.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with the 1 tbsp of sugar. Bake in a 325F oven for 12-15 minutes. The edges should just start getting brown.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Melt the white chocolate and shortening. Drizzle on the cookies.
- Store in an airtight container for 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.