Cannoli Tart Recipe
FOR THE CRUST:
- 2 cups Sifted Flour
- ½ cups Plus 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ⅓ cups Cold Butter
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
FOR THE FILLING:
- 2-¼ cups Ricotta
- 1 whole Egg
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Amaretto
- ½ cups Chocolate Chips Or Chunks
- For the crust: If using a food processor, add flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon and pulse a few times. Add butter, and pulse until butter and flour have formed pea-sized crumbles. Add egg and milk and pulse until a large ball is formed.
- If mixing by hand, in a bowl combine flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Whisk a few times to mix up. Cut in butter until the mixture forms pea-sized crumbles. With your hands, mix in egg and milk and knead into a ball.
- Place the dough ball in between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Roll dough out large enough to fit a deep dish pie pan or deep dish tart pan. Grease pan with butter or nonstick cooking spray. Gently place the dough into pan. Refrigerate while you make your filling and your oven is preheating.
- For the filling: In a food processor or mixer, blend ricotta, egg, sugar, and amaretto until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350ºF for around 25-35 minutes, or until your crust has slightly browned and the filling has puffed a bit. Serve cold or at room temp sprinkled with powdered sugar or drizzled with chocolate.