Bibimguksu Noodle Recipe
- 80g somen noodles (about 1 bunch)
- 3 tablespoons Gochujang paste
- ½ tablespoon corn syrup or mulyeot
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 3 cloves garlic)
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon Korean fine red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- ½ tablespoon sesame seeds
- Lettuce to garnish
- Thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 hard boiled egg, cut into 4 quarters
- In a medium sized pot, bring enough water to boiling. Add somen and cook until water starts to run over. Add one cup cold water into the boiling water and stir the noodles using chopsticks to make sure the noodles are separated. Let it boil again.
- When the water boils again, remove from the heat and drain the water, with the noodles placed in a colander. Place the colander with noodles under running cold water, about 1 minutes. Stir the noodles with your hand under cold water, until noodles are cooled evenly. Transfer the cold noodles in a bowl and set aside.
- Make Gochujang Sauce by combining all ingredients except noodles, lettuce, and eggs in a bowl. Stir until well mixed. The sauce will be thinner than the normal gochujang paste.
- Pour the sauce over the cold noodles and stir together with chopsticks or forks, until the noodles are coated with the sauce evenly.
- Serve noodles over chopped lettuce, sliced cucumbers, and hard boiled eggs.