Basil Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe
Makes 4 individual pizzas
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups riced cauliflower (grate the raw cauliflower on a cheese grater or in a food processor)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh julienned basil
- 1 cup marinara sauce (1/4 cup per pizza)
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- Basil Ricotta (recipe below)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, spray with non-stick spray.
In a medium bowl, combine riced cauliflower, basil, eggs and mozzarella. Divide into 4 amounts and press evenly on the parchment paper.
*you can omit the basil or sub it for others herbs of your choice.
Bake the crusts at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
*I went for about 13 minutes and wish I had gone to 15 minutes. But that’s just a taste preference.
Remove the cookie sheet from the oven.
Add marinara sauce to each pizza.
Then add toppings: sliced zucchini and sliced onions.
Drop the basil ricotta cheese on the vegetables by spoonfuls (I used a small cookie scoop). I pressed down slightly on the ricotta so it would be a little flatter.
Place back in the oven until cheese is melted, about 5 – 10 minutes.
- 1 cup ricotta (I used low fat)
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- pinch salt and pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and set aside until ready to use.